A Crown and His Cape

Family-4Elijah, our little Superman, finished all his heroics on this earth, and went to be with Jesus at 5:05pm.

As our hearts ache, we also rejoice in the hope of seeing our superhero again very soon. He has traded his tubes and medicines for a crown and his superhero cape.

The family will be making arrangements and will keep everyone informed as plans develop.

Thank you for the continual prayers.

About these ads

23 thoughts on “A Crown and His Cape

1. Lori Scheetz says:

Terribly sad for your loss but thankful for God’s faithfulness and grace. Love you guys.

2. kris slagle says:

My heart goes out to your family, words cannot express how your hearts are breaking. May God be your ever source of comfort and strength at this time. You are in our prayers, the Slagle’s

3. Mike says:

Our heart breaks with yours and we weep with you. God is your strength!

4. Teresa Norris says:

We are so sorry for your loss. He was a precious little boy and I’m sorry you didn’t get more time with him. Anything that we can do please ask. All our love.

5. Rue Volley says:

I am so very sorry. I send my love.

6. Charles says:

My heart breaks with this news. I am still praying God’s love and comfort surround you both in a way that is not understandable on this earth.

7. Kyle Scheele says:

I’m at a loss for words. Our hearts are broken for you guys. All I can think of is 2 Thes 3:16 – “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way.” We love you, Chris & Becky…

8. Darlene says:

Be free Superman, be free, may God hold you tight, and give your family the strength they need to get threw this. can not imagine losing a child.

9. Cynthia (Burks) Anderson says:

Our prayers and thoughts are with you during this very difficult time.

10. Juanita Green says:

As I type, tears are flowing & my heart aches for each of you. i know that you will be reunited with your Superhero, Elijah & he will meet you with a giant smile & arms wide open to welcome you into heaven.

May God embrace Elijah & each one of you precious ones in His loving arms & fill you with His peace, love & comfort during this difficult time.

Much love & prayers to each of you,
    Juanita

11. I am so sorry to hear the news about your precious baby. Praying as my heart is breaking for you.

12. Brianne Spurlock says:

Becky,
    I didn’t really know you too well at CBC, but I could not go without leaving you a message. I have been following your blog and bathing your superhero and family in prayer since I found out. I cannot imagine what you all are going through, but you should know that your precious boy has touched so many lives…way more than you have ever met or will know. Although we will never understand God’s ways, He is holding a healthy, whole, pain-free Elijah tonight in His arms, probably tying that cape on your little guy personally. We will continue to pray for you, Chris, and your sweet girl, that God’s love, peace, and strength would lift you up forevermore. <3

13. Amber Jenkins says:

I couldn’t stop thinking of you guys all day. I found your blog tonight to see the heart breaking news. I’m so so sorry. I will be praying for His peace that passes all understanding.

14. Holly Deibert says:

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss but I rejoice in heavens gain! Prayers are with you!

15. Claudia VanDyne says:

Chris & Becky,
    All of the tears, pain, and heartache… none of it is wasted. Praying for your continued strength and grace to walk through the days and weeks ahead. We love you.

Phil & Claudia VanDyne

16. Heaven is so much sweeter tonight! So thankful I know the Lord has wrapped His arms of love, peace and comfort around your precious family. Continuing to pray for you and so appreciate the example of God’s strength and grace you shared throughout this time.
    With love,
    Bruce and Gayla

17. i am so sorry for your loss and i pray for you everyday Pastor Chris.

Nathanael Heide

18. Leiha Chaisson says:

Chris and Becky,
    We are so very sorry to hear about your precious and heroic little Elijah. We are praying for each of you and your beautiful daughter. May the Lord hold you and comfort you in a special way.

19. Johanna P. says:

I’ve never met you, but I have been very touched by the life of your little boy and the love of Christ you showered him with during his short stay on earth. My prayers are with you; may you continue to find healing in the loving embrace of our Savior.

20. Rick Fox says:

We are praying for you. We never will understand why this happened, but because of your perseverance, you will help many people get through similar situations. A new ministry opportunity may be developed as your Christ-like hearts yearn to bring souls to the Lord. God is with you and now your lil’ Super Hero is with Him! Praise God!

21. Gary Gibson says:

May the peace of God, which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. You are in my prayers.

22. Laura Howard says:

Our prayers are with you!

23. tinapoulsen says:

I’m sorry, Becky. This is the first I’m reading of your journey with your little superhero. Ill pray for you & your family. For peace, strength, comfort….”I will strengthen you & help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Is 41:10